Personnel

Bill Cocca, our conductor since 2012, retired in 2010 after thirty-six years in public school music education; the final twenty-five years as high school band director at Springville-Griffith Institute where he also served as district music coordinator for seventeen years.  Prior to the move to Springville, he spent nine years as junior-senior high school band director at Greene Central School.  Bill earned a Bachelor’s degree in music education at the State University College at Fredonia and a Masters of Music Education from Ithaca College.  He also holds an education administrative certification from Fredonia State College.

Picture of Bill Cocca, Music Director

Photography courtesy of Niles Dening Photography www.ndening.com

An active member of the New York State School Music Association, Bill is an All-State Certified Brass Adjudicator, has hosted both Area All-State and Major Organization Festivals and served as Stage Manager for the NYSSMA Winter Conference for ten years.  At the local level, Bill has served as conductor and/or host for numerous all-county and area all-state music festivals as well as adjudicating many county solo festivals.  He served on the board of directors for the Erie County Music Educators Association for six years and as the NYSSMA Zone 1 Representative for a three-year term.

Over the years, Bill has performed with the Genesee and Orchard Park Symphony Orchestras, the Erie County Music Educator’s Wind Ensemble, and the Lower Tioghniogha Brass and Percussion Society.  He is founder and director of the Springville Jazz Orchestra.

The Players (If you would like to join us, contact president@buffalosilverband.org . We have a particular need for percussion and tuba players)

Cornet
Amanda Amigone
Jim Bardsley
Nathan Barnes
David Colkitt
Larry Deni
Jonathan Hunt
Paul Ronca
Suzanne Teller
Michael Van Der Puy
Ken Van Dick
Soprano Cornet
Jasen Ferguson
Flugelhorn
Pat Chiodo
Alto Horn
Alison Dings
Jim Faran
Jim McCaslin
Larry Thompson
Euphonium
Diana Bley
Debbie Hogan
Baritone Horn
Gerry Bacon
Joel Cohen
Percussion
Brianna Hoige
Eric Miller
Charlie Porter
Robert Wetherhold
Trombone
Megan Augspurger
Bill Haile
Peter Karda
David Myrow
Kiersten Roetzer
Eb Bass
John McGlarry
Phil Rehard
Bb Bass
We need you!


What we do when we are not playing with the Buffalo Silver Band

You might not be surprised that some of our musicians (about 25%) are music educators or retired music educators. The remaining 75% are a broad cross section of non-music, professions, some retired: university faculty, university administrators, high school faculty, information technologists, artists, graphic artists, engineers, scientists, psychologists, and entrepreneurs. They have in common a love of music- enough love to keep them in musical shape by their practice regimen.

Many Buffalo Silver Band musicians participate in multiple groups. The Buffalo Silver Band is pleased to list with links to their web sites if available.

Amherst Symphony
Batavia Concert Band
Fort Erie Legion Band (Canada)
Corfu-Pembroke Community Band
Prime Time Brass
TNT Brass Quintet
Niagara Frontier Brass Quintet
Orchard Park Symphony
Rockwell Brass
Buffalo Brass Choir
The George Scott Big Band
Springville Flute Choir
Hamburg Village Band
Four Seasons Orchestra
Grandfather’s Big Band
Southern Tier Symphony


Don’t Miss a Show — Sign up for Concert Announcements Here!

* indicates required




Nabba logo

Proud member of the
North American Band Association
www.nabba.org

ACB_Program Credit Square

FB_FindUsOnFacebook-114